Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Introducing.. Coleman Dunn!

He's here! And OMG I am so completely and utterly in love. Cole arrived early Friday morning 4/25/14.

I always enjoyed reading birth stories of my favorite bloggers, so I thought I would share the condensed version of mine. It was such a hard, yet amazing experience.

At exactly 41 weeks (Thursday) my water broke around 2 pm and I started having contractions right away. This was exciting because I had no contractions or anything before that... We had just had an NST that morning and the tech even said I wasn't contracting. We even had set a date for an induction that morning!

I was really surprised that the contractions came on SO fast and hard. They went from about 30 sec and 10 minutes apart to 1 min and 1-3 minutes apart in 2 hours. I labored on the birthing ball during the time and Matt was at work finishing up some things. Once he got home we really were contemplating whether or not to go to the hospital - I had always planned to labor at home as long as possible. But the contractions were so long and close together and had been for at least an hour, so we left for the hospital around 5.

By the time we got there, I was shaking and could not talk or walk through the contractions and we were admitted immediately, I was 4 cm. I wanted to wait on the epidural, so I got into the birthing tub. It helped me relax in between contractions, but since they were so close together I didn't get much relief. I decided it was time to get the epidural at 7 pm.

They checked me immediately after getting the epidural and I was 7 cm! Woohoo! I was able to relax and get some rest and was complete at midnight.

The hardest part of everything was the pushing. They turned the epidural way down and I could feel everything for pushing.. It was intense and painful but I'm glad I could feel it all - because pushing took 4 hours!!!  It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It's true what they say.. It was like running a marathon. But finally, he came into the world at 6:27 AM on Friday morning and it was the best moment of my life!! He was 8 lbs 6 oz.


Here are some pictures!

 

 

I'll post pictures of the nursery very soon! I still have a couple last minute things to do to it :) But for now, I'm spending every waking moment I can snuggling this little guy.. I'm so obsessed!

47 comments:

  1. Congratulations, he is soooo cute!!!!....can't wait to see his nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! There is nothing better than that cozy time at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable, Bryn! Welcome to mommahood.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Enjoy every minute with your little man, he is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, bryn, he is just so perfect. couldn't help but get choked up reading this. it is truly truly a miracle unlike any other to bring a human into the world. congrats on a (hard) job well done! now just enjoy that little nugget and try not to think about anything else. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! He's beautiful! & 4 hours pushing - that sounds beyond intense. Glad you are enjoying this special time - he looks especially squeezable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! He's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god Cole is so adorable! I LOVE the last picture! Congratulations! What wonderful news and enjoy these new baby days. . . they go so fast and are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Bryn, he's adorable! Being a mom is the best! Glad to hear everything went well, can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS, Bryn!! He's BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Bryn, he's absolutely adorable!! I can't wait to meet him!! Hope you are adjusting and feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Bryn! He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on baby Coleman! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work! You're a trooper. My first kid was similar - water broke and instantly things went to def-con 5. I'm always amazed at women who enjoyed pushing. It was not intuitive for me. Don't these doctors/midwives know that pulling your knees to your ears makes it hurt more? :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is just absolutely perfect!! Congratulations to you!! Motherhood is simply amazing!! I have been reading your blog since the very beginning and it is so exciting to see you enter this new chapter of your life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! He's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Bryn!!! He is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! welcome to the world little man.

    I hope you are putting your feet up and letting everyone help you in these early weeks. You look absolutely amazing in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the baby, and all the amazing strength of pushing for 4 hours !! You're incredible ! Coleman is very manly looking

    ReplyDelete
  20. Peace and blessings on your family-what a beautiful boy! (and big! My boy was 8lbs. 5oz. so I know the feeling). Enjoy your new little love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!! What a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations again! He is just absolutely precious! So happy for you all, enjoy your time with him- it goes by so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!!!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! What an adorable little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations!! So exciting! He is adorable and looks like daddy! :) glad you guys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congratulations bryn! he is adorable. i think he looks like your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Salutations! That is absolutely wonderful news! Welcome to the world little Coleman, and happy parenting to you and your husband.
    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw what a sweet little peanut!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bryn,
    Congratulations to you and wishing you much happiness.
    Welcome Coleman. He looks like a heartbreaker, already!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an angel! He's perfect. Job well done Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bryn - Congratulations. I have followed your blog for a really really long time, and have never commented before but I wanted to say how happy I was for you and for Matt and now baby Coleman! You look beautiful in your pics and Coleman is adorbs. This post cheered me up no end today so thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats!! Being a boy mom is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved reading your story. He is adorable. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cole is gorgeous! Love the photo with the big eyes. He will make a wonderful "sooner" in 18 years!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good job!! He's precious. Familyhood agrees with you!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations, Bryn!! What a precious little boy, and I love the name Cole! I'm impressed you got his birth story written right away; my little girl is four months old, and I finally posted her birth story on my blog. Blessings to your sweet family as you adjust to life as a party of three :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations!!! He is precious! And four hours of pushing? Goodness you win a prize!! That is a lot to take on momma!! Enjoy that beautiful guy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats!! So happy for you that you had a smooth delivery. He's adorable! I think he looks like your hubs too! Enjoy this time! -Boo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness. Love this post. Such a miracle and sweet blessing from God. Congrats! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my word! Congratulations on being a MOM! This is truly exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations! I've been a long time reader and am so very happy for you! As a first time mom to our 8 month old little girl your birth story brought back so many memories! Enjoy every second with him, he is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations! Enjoy these early days and that new baby smell.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations and Welcome baby Coleman! He shares a birthday with my brother. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. So precious!!! Congrats!!!! I haven't had a baby yet, so I'm going to pretend like I didn't read the 4 hours of pushing part. Scares me! yikes! I'm always amazed at what a woman's body can do.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats!!! So very excited for you and your family - enjoy every little minute!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, congrats!!! Looking forward to more pics and stories!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...